Downtown Los Angeles is a vibrant and diverse area with something to offer everyone. From its historic landmarks to its world-class museums, there’s no shortage of things to see and do in DTLA.
Here’s a guide to help you plan your visit:
Downtown Los Angeles is easily accessible by foot and bicycle with the most bike lanes of any neighborhood in LA. And if you’re taking public transportation, the Metro Red and Purple lines both stop in DTLA.
Where to Stay
There are a variety of hotels to choose from in Downtown Los Angeles, ranging from budget-friendly to luxurious. If you’re looking for a central location, try the Hoxton, Proper or Ace Hotel, Los Angeles. And if you’re on a budget, the Freehand or the Kawada, Downtown LA are both great options.
Where to Eat
Downtown Los Angeles is home to a wide variety of restaurants, serving everything from classic American fare to international cuisine. If you’re looking for a classic LA experience, try Philippe’s Original French Dip or the Nickel Diner. And if you’re in the mood for something more exotic, try Grand Central Market or Little Tokyo’s copious ramen options.
What to Do
There’s no shortage of things to do in Downtown Los Angeles. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Visit the Walt Disney Concert Hall: This iconic building is home to the Los Angeles Philharmonic and offers stunning views of the city.
- Explore Grand Central Market: This bustling food hall is a great place to find a variety of delicious food options. Also home to Handlebar Bike Tours.
- Take a walk down Olvera Street: This historic street is home to a variety of Mexican shops and restaurants.
- See a game at Crypto Arena formerly Staples Center: This arena is home to the Los Angeles Lakers, Clippers, and Kings.
- Make a free reservation for the Broad and MOCA Art Museums.
- See a free summer concert at Grand Performances.
- Visit the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels: This cathedral is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- Explore the Fashion District: This bustling district is home to a variety of clothing stores, boutiques, and markets.
- Walk through Grand Park, bookended by City Hall and the Music Center.
These are just a few of the many things to see and do in Downtown Los Angeles. With a Handlebar Bike Tour you’ll get a great overview of DTLA’s layout. For new comers we recommend taking our Historic Core and More Tour which hits most spots on the list above.