About Handlebar Bike Tours
Handlebar Bike Tours was started by a Los Angeles teacher; who spent summer vacations cycling the world. Handlebar takes pride in hiring students and locals who know, and love, Los Angeles. Our guides want to share this truly unique capital of culture with fellow travelers, coasting through our diverse neighborhoods, on two wheels.
Our tours are ideal for taking in all of DTLA, in fact the Historic Core and More Tour stops at 9 out of Lonely Planet’s top 10 for Downtown. Our guides are full of interesting history, architecture and pop culture info you won’t find in a guidebook; and can recommend the best tacos, 5 star restaurants or Bukowski bars.
About all Handlebar Bike Tours
- $40, includes bike, helmet and guided tour
- Meet @Grand Central Market, Hill St. entrance, 10 min prior to start
- 2-2.5 hours, 6-8 miles, with an off bike break
- 8-speed, upright Pure city bikes, with racks for holding small items
- Flat route with very little hills
- Quick, interesting narration at several stops along the tour
- Tours daily, click “book now” in upper left corner for available dates and times
- Backpack/luggage storage available
- $10 All-day parking @3rd and Hill st.
Our quality bikes are sourced from Pure Cycles, a local Burbank company specializing in stylish city bikes. Check them out here: www.purecycles.com
We stage our rides from L.A.’s 100 year old food hall, because every great ride ends with a great meal, great beer or both! Grand Central Market is the perfect place to swap travel tips with fellow travelers.
Corporate outing? Bachelor/bachelorette event? Unique celebration?
Contact us we have ideas, bikes and guides to customize an event for you.